If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Wednesday 14 October 2009

My life in China so far

My first Chinese wedding. The bride and groom were very welcoming, even though they had no idea who I was or what I was doing there!






The happy wedding chefs (the bridegroom's neighbours!)


The wedding feast which generally tasted good but the dish with the chopsticks in is pig's ear (too much cartilege!)


Danfeng municipal government built a new fountain to celebrate China's 60th National Day. When I arrived, there was nothing there. Six days later, they'd built a square and a fountain.

My school (teachers and students) performing in the town square for National Day.

Child with bread - more interested in watching me than the National Day celebrations.


A girl from my school at the National Day celebrations.

Lovely looking dried fruit at a market in Xi'an.

Food market in Xi'an - I'm not sure how appetising it looks to an outside eye but I had my worst meal in China here...

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures! Are you on e-mail? What address should I use -- the old yahoo one?

    Diarmid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Sent you an email a few weeks ago and also a text with my new number. Did you get them? You can email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com
    kxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kirsten - life is sounding pretty good. I'm glad you've got your internet sorted now, as what is life without X-Factor? Your flat is really looking really lovely and I'm glad you're making some friends. You should force those child food givers to teach you some more Chinese! How is your Chinese coming on?

    Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete