If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Friday 24 July 2009

Six weeks to go...

Well, the paperwork is done and the waiting has begun. Hopefully, on the 6th of September, I'll be heading off to Beijing for my in-country training. My placement is in a small town called Danfeng, about 3 hours south-east of Xi'an (see map on my blog.)
There haven't been any volunteers there before - it's a brand new placement - so it'll be new for the teachers at the school as well as for me (hopefully that'll be a positive thing!) I have a photo of the school which I'll try to attach to this blog (I don't really know what I'm doing with this whole blog thing yet.)


2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting the blog set up sweets! I promise I will try my darndest to read it regularly and post comments once you are safely there.

    I will also try my darndest to keep any comments smut-free and completely unsoiled by sarcasm, although I can't guarantee I'll succeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope I manage to keep writing it regularly! And smut and sarcasm will probably be welcome after I've been in isolation for a while...

    ReplyDelete