If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Thursday 8 April 2010

sights in Xi'an

Last weekend I was in Xi'an and visited a traditional Chinese house, right in the heart of the muslim market. It was confiscated by the government in the 1960s but then untouched, so most of the original furniture etc is still there. It's a great place to spend a few hours and, as well as looking round, there's a short shadow puppet show and the chance to taste a variety of Chinese teas.

I also visited Ban Po - the remains of a 6000 year old neolithic village on the outskirts of Xi'an. I'm not going to write about these places but just thought I'd just put up some of the pics...

traditional house courtyard

traditional house garden

the main reception room

the daughter of the house's bed!

6000 year old neolithic ruins at Ban Po


adult grave and grave goods - Ban Po

No comments:

Post a Comment