If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Tuesday 22 June 2010

pictures, mostly...

I thought it would be fun to put up some of my pictures from the last couple of months that don't actually fit into any of my blog posts. So, here's what life in China is like....
man deep-frying bread sticks
old man watching a street performance
another old man watching a street performance
view out of my window at night
grandmother showing her grand daughter some flowers
Wild Goose Pagoda in Xi'an
man in Xi'an showing off his calligraphy skills to an admiring crowd
he is using a giant brush dipped in water
another view of the Wild Goose Pagoda
beautiful wall painting on one of my favourite little temples in Xi'an
calligraphy market in Xi'an
view from the top of the south wall in Xi'an
Danjiang River in Danfeng
woman carrying wood near Danfeng
(I think she's laughing cos she's never had her photo taken before)
traditional family tomb near Xi'an (about 6 feet tall)
wall painting in the Danfeng Museum, showing what Danfeng looked like a couple of centuries ago
men playing cards outside their shops while waiting for customers
(the man on the right is my pal who always says hello and gives me a running commentry on what I'm doing - "ah, off to work then" or " been buying vegetables" or "on holiday today?")
flower arrangements that signal the opening of a new shop (always accompanied by the obligatory firecrackers!)
clover in China is HUGE!
street food in Danfeng
statue in a temple in Danfeng

1 comment:

  1. It all looks amazing Kirsten! I particularly love running commentary man...I think I need one!xx

    ReplyDelete