If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Wednesday 7 July 2010

A visit to Shanyang

As I'm now finished school for the summer, I travelled to a neighbouring county for a couple of days to visit another VSO volunteer who lives there. Shanyang is very similar to Danfeng in many respects but is at least four times as big. The photo opportunities are similar but I feel more comfortable poking my camera in when it's not the place where I live! Anyway, here's the results...

You can tell I was excited to see so many watermelons for sale
A typical village house - corn hanging up to dry and a noodle rack (the wood with holes)
Noodles hanging up to dry
Woman leaving their corn out in the sun
A hairdressers!
Everyone has a sheet hanging at the door in summer to keep out the insects.
The hut in the middle of these houses is the toilet!
Pigs for sale
Playing with the washing
Woman cutting up her noodles to take to market
A vegetable cart

No comments:

Post a Comment