If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Saturday 15 August 2009

Less than three weeks to go...!


Things finally look like they're coming together. I fly to London with BA at lunchtime on Friday 4th Sept and then on to Beijing late afternoon, arriving early morning on the 5th. My passport is now in London waiting for the work permit to arrive from China so I can get the embassy to give me a visa and I have (I think) a tenant for my flat. I'm starting to pack up my things, which is a much bigger job than I thought it was going to be, and most (but not all) of my financial stuff is sorted out. Although I'm really excited about going, I'm starting to feel like I'm in freefall towards departure. There are so many little things I still need to do, so many things I still need to buy and so many people I need to say goodbye to. I'm incredibly busy and have things booked for almost every day and night until I leave now. Still, I wouldn't change it - I've had some great moments. A group of work friends took me out on a fantastic night to say goodbye - the highlight of which was a boozy limo trip around the crags! (see pic) I'll have lots of great memories to keep me going in my dark days when I'm missing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment