If you want to send a private message...

email me on kirstengould@yahoo.com

Saturday 22 August 2009

Two weeks today...

Two weeks today I'll be in China!
Got my passport today with a cool Chinese visa with a picture of the Great Wall on it. I also got a bit more information from VSO yesterday about the plans for my initial few weeks.
I arrive in Beijing on Saturday morning and have Saturday and Sunday to rest and relax and hopefully see a bit of the city (Tiananmen Sq, here I come!) I start my in-country training on Monday and am then in Beijing for almost two weeks with culture/VSO/language training. On the night of the 18th, I take a sleeper train to Xi'an and then have 3 days there for an education conference where I'll meet the other education VSO volunteers working in China.
After that, my new boss will come and pick me up and take me to Danfeng which, all going well, will be my home for the next two years. Eeeee! Exciting!

1 comment:

  1. so great to hear! my fingers will be crossed for you and I know you'll do a wonderful job.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete